Programing an Omron PLC via the comms module

neos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to program an Omron CS1G-CPU43H via an inserted CS1W-SCB41-V1 2 port communication module, on port 2? If so, what is the communication setup to do this? They have V2 of CX-Programmer

I only have a serial cable.

Thanks in advance!:)

IMAG0697.jpg

You will need to make sure that port is configured for Host Link.

This may be a bit of a catch 22 if the port is configured differently.

You could use a CS1W-CN226 cable and program through the peripheral port. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, yes I think I will wait until the machine is not running and unplug the plug from the peripheral port and use that one. As I have a cable for that.

Cheers!

The little plug is the place to go for uploading the program.
The program will not be commented either these old tigers did not store the comments.
I guess the serial port is being used for a touch screen? If so it will probably not be set up for host link. You would then have to set a DIP switch to force the port to standard configuration.
Go and buy a cable from Omron for the peripheral port - much easier.

You will also need a USB/RS232 cable as well - Omron PLCs can be cranky with some of these. The Omron one works with everything I have thrown at it but is expensive.
I generally find anything with an FTDI chip works fine.