Remote PLC Connection

nmurray

Hey all,

My company currently uses ****'s to connect to our PLC's that are out in the field around the US.

These are pretty slow, a lot of the time this can be attributed to customers slow internet. However It does seem that some of the sluggish connection is the ****'s doing.
What do you guys use to connect to PLC's that are on different networks?

I use Secomea with great success! A ping does usually lie between 20-30ms between our office and customer site.

We also use e W O N. I haven't had a chance to play with their updated v i e w O N software, but I know the previous version was pretty limited. Place I used to work at used ei3 for remote connectivity. The good thing about them was the owner of the company made a visit to us and ended up designing a custom piece of hardware that met our needs. He was a super nice guy, I think his name was Spencer.