Bluetooth Serial adapter for PLC remote connection

I sold one in the past but they were not big sellers... the reason I bought one in the first place the PLC was in a clean room and it was a lot easier to connect on the outside and I would not need to get dressed for a simple look at the program, it work ok for that but anytime I needed to see something in real time or at high speeds then I would need to connect direct

What is the PLC type? can you do a wireless ethernet router?

It's a CJ1G-CPU42H PLC. The wireless ethernet option may be worth investigating. I've just ordered a bluetooth serial device so will see how that goes for now.

Talking of wireless ethernet... We have 6 cranes, 2 shuttles and 2 monorails that all have PLC's in them. There's no hard wired comms to any of them. I'm wondering how easy it would be to connect all the plc's on a single wireless network?

Sounds great, will look into these further. I have just ordered some easily available bluetooth serial devices. I also found a SENA promi SD205-0A device lying around amongst some dusty stuff. Couldn't connect to the laptop in-built bluetooth though and wondered if I needed 2 devices, one on the machine and one on the laptop? I also couldn't connect through PromiWIN software as per instructions. Maybe its a duff unit!

Hey BobB!

On playing around with this bluetooth device I ordered (Built by BrainBoxes) I just couldn't get it to connect. Also whilst playing around I found two bluetooth devices in the area with the names of some other machinery. It appears two of our overhead cranes have bluetooth devices connected - Promi devices, straight into the Omron HostLink port via an Omron adapter.

I've tried replicating all the settings as per that machine but cannot get this BrainBoxes bluetooth device to work. Now also, out of chance, these brainBoxes devices are manufactured within a stones throw from our factory, so they are coming in for a little visit next week.

Now you also mentioned Omron serial ports are not standard. I know the promi device is connected straight to the Omron cable, no adaptations. Is Promi pins made to match Omron (from what I can see Promi devices are made by omron?) Any information as to required pin configurations?

The bluetooth device pins are as follows:
FPCHPQGCiLZWh336YnWW6cTfKr6SrYtLv45MQDHky0g

A guy at work in communications did some Bluetooth stuff from some sensors a few hundred yards away (outside) into his rig (inside) and all seems fine.

Me, I just touch the button on my phone to connect with my truck on Bluetooth.

Not sure I would want to use this for other than that.

The Promi-SD device is not made by Omron. The pin out suits the Omron serial port. The Promi device pin out matches the Omron serial port pin out exactly. For example ground is pin 9 and importantly I think it is pin 6 gets 5VDC from the Omron serial port to power the device.
Promi do make a conversion cable to a standard serial port by the way.

The Promi-SD device is not made by Omron. The pin out suits the Omron serial port. The Promi device pin out matches the Omron serial port pin out exactly. For example ground is pin 9 and importantly I think it is pin 6 gets 5VDC from the Omron serial port to power the device.
Promi do make a conversion cable to a standard serial port by the way.

Thanks BobB

Yes it is pin 6 for power (as I found out) the rest I'm not sure about. As for a conversion cable to standard serial, that makes sense as I could not get my laptop to connect to an old Promi device I found lying around.

Maybe all I need is a conversion cable... I'll research the pin outs and adapt as necessary....