Best way to get Fanuc Robotics Hardcopy Manuals

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

What is the best way to get Hardcopy manuals for Fanuc Robots ? It seems like the CD's are the only manuals available. Would you folks have any ideas ?

Thanks so much .

Another silly answer, but wouldn't it be fairly easy to just go to a Kinko's and print them all out and have them bound?

Fanuc makes it very hard to get printed manuals. When you run the CD it pops up a web page with links to several hundred PDF's. So to print them all is not easy.

Fanuc makes it hard to get any documentation..! The robot industry's business model of obnoxiously protecting their documentation is ridiculous.

It is just Fanuc's way of doing business. They have been the same way on their CNC documentation for years. I managed to get a set of their CNC manuals about 10 years ago but it certainly wasn't easy.

I don't if it holds true for Fanuc robot manuals, but Fanuc CNC manuals are generally the worst cases of Jenglish I've ever encountered. Jenglish meaning translated to English by someone whose native language is Japanese but knows a little English. I can look at a paragraph in one of their manuals and understand every word but have no idea of what information it is trying to convey.

I worked for Fanuc at their North American HQ in Rochester, MI for a little while. Place is a prison (not that I know hat that is like but one could imagine). If you ever wanted manuals you were S*** out of luck. Heck, if you wanted a box of rags, you would need your boss's signature, his boss's signature, and a detailed explanation as to why with a stack of paperwork.

Also, if you wanted to Red-Line an EE's prints, you would be fired on the spot. Only the engineer can red line his own prints, so if you found a problem you would have to call that said Engineer, wait days for him to come check it out (even though his office is a 5 minute walk) and then wait until he "eventually" updated them. Sometimes it was immediate, but most of the time it was a full week process to get him/her out, and get a fresh set of prints.

Fanuc makes it very hard to get printed manuals. When you run the CD it pops up a web page with links to several hundred PDF's. So to print them all is not easy.

I used a free tool to combine all those individal pdf pages into one big one.

I think it was pdftk builder but I can't check portableapps from work as the net nanny blocks it.

Wes