Omron CS1G-CPU42H

bluenoser337

Can anyone tell me what software (CX-Programmer?) and cable I would need to upload the program from a CS1G-CPU42H? I assume that there will be no documentation with that upload, if it is even possible (no password, etc). Thanks!!

IMGP0210.jpg

CX-Programmer is fine - no comments. There is already a cable in the peripheral port - that is a programming cable. Chase it out - must go to a computer or hanging in the bottom of the board or something.
You will probably need a USB/RS232 cable as well - be careful - Omron PLCs can be cranky about those things. I usually find one with an FTDI chip works fine. Omron have one but it is expensive but has worked with absolutely everything I have thrown at mine.

Thanks Old Pfhaart!! I avoid the USB/RS232 adapter whenever possible, as I have had problems as well. I run a Dell Precision M6800 with the legacy adapter, so I'm good for a little while longer. Thanks again!! (y)