About omron CS1G-CPU42H

VZimmer0

Hello and good morning people, I have this question about a plc omron CS1G-CPU42H.
And my question is, if it's possible a full migration to a siemens s7-1200?
o there're some instructions that omron has that siemens s7-1200 can't handle?
The omron plc have two encoder input modules, CT001-V1, 5 digital input modules, ID212, 4 rly output modules, OC222V, and 3 transistor output, OD217.
I already made a consideration of the proyect and I'm pretty sure that is possible, but I'm searching for a second opinion.

Thank you for your time, best regards. :geek:

Generally speaking no - different hardware - different software - different functions and Siemens I/O is in bytes not words - 8 bits compared to 16 bits. You would have to re-write most of it I believe. You could upgrade to a CS1 by replacing the racks, processor and power supply and CX-Programmer would convert the program very well for you - you would have to do some setting up manually probably.