Delta DVP-SE communication with Keyence IV series

Saul Rivera

Good evening everyone.

I've set up a network for an equipment I'm integrating. however as a way of saving up space/money, I tried to make a direct communication between a Delta DVP-SE PLC and 2 Keyence IV series Vision Sensors via Ethernet/IP; all I'm trying to do is to trigger both sensors and wait of either a pass or fail signal, and switch programs when needed; right now I'm doing everything through I/Os.

As you imagine, I've fail more than once

Keyence field nertwork manual says the only supported PLCs are their own KV series, RA Control/Compact Logix, and Omron Sysmac; however, not a month ago I saw an equipment running a GE Fanuc PLC and a Keyence vision sensor, this tells me there must be a way of doing what I'm trying to do, but right now frustration has drained all my ideas.

After all that whining here come my questions.

- Are Delta PLCs and Keyence vision systems able to establish communication through Ethernet/IP? if they are not compatible then I should ditch this idea already.
- Has anyone actually done this? if so, could you share your tips?
- Should I think about changing PLC brand? (The company bought this brand because is cheap).

Any tip/comment is more than appreciated