Siemens screen

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

Its been a while as I have been very busy with both work and home life,
all good.

I have to replace a Siemens screen 6AV6 642-0BA01-1AX1 which is now outdated.
I know I can get them on Ebay etc but we would like to replace with a new one from Siemens. Its connected to a S7-300 317 2dp and I would like to use wincc flexible if possibile as the site I am on has not started to use TIA yet.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Donnchadh

Hi All

Its been a while as I have been very busy with both work and home life,
all good.

I have to replace a Siemens screen 6AV6 642-0BA01-1AX1 which is now outdated.
I know I can get them on Ebay etc but we would like to replace with a new one from Siemens. Its connected to a S7-300 317 2dp and I would like to use wincc flexible if possibile as the site I am on has not started to use TIA yet.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Donnchadh

I think if you call support you can still get them as a spare part. Some of the HMIs had a part number change for the spare parts, to accommodate internal changes required to meet support requirements. If that applies n your case, you would need to change the device and recompile before you download.

No current panels support WinCC Flex, unless you want to buy an IPC and install the WinCC Flex Advanced Runtime.

WinCC V11 in Portal is really the next generation of WinCC Flexible. There s a lot to re-learn in the jump between V5.5 -> V13, but for the panels it is almost the same. I've seen a number of situations where a plant makes the jump to Comfort panels & Portal, but still keeps Simatic Manager around for the PLCs.

You can still get the KTP600 DP (6AV6647-0AC11-3AX0).
And it is programmable with WinCC Flexible 2008 SP2.

That said, you may have to migrate to TIA sooner or later.
A KTP700 Basic Panel or a TP700 Confort panel are significantly better than the older panels, and the prices have been adjusted down as well.

Migration seems to be working pretty well too, have migrated numerous screens from protool to TIA V13 and haven't had any issues. Other than having to use an old version of WinCC Flex to migrate from protool and then migrate to TIA.