Siemens S7/TIA v18: TP-1200 HMI Screen Workflow...

Mas01

See the attached pic ("workflow").

I want to create 2 workflows, depending on if the person who's just logged in is an OPERATOR or an ADMIN.

ADMIN can see 6 screens (1-6, numbered in red), whereas OPERATOR only sees a subset (1, 2, 4, 5).

I'm new to TIA/WinCC and I don't know how to do this. Is it anything to do with "User View" - see picture?

HMI screens Workflow.png USER VIEW.png

Again not sure about TIA but on most you just set the access level for each screen for example if you have levels 0 to 8 then assign level entries for example
0 = no logon required (any screen with level 0 access can be accessed without logon
1= Operator (only operators or higher level logon can access screens with level acces of 1 or above
2 = Engineer same goes here
& so on
8 = Admin (only people with Admin password can select this screen).
So Screens 1,2,4,5 set level access to 1 (operator & any level above that)
Screens 3 & 6 set to level 8 (or what ever, Only people with level 8 access i.e. admin can access these screens).

It will depend on the HMI but some do not have securtity on the screens but have them on the touch buttons in other words if you have function buttons on the screen then you set the level access on these i.e. if level 0 no logon required, level 2 engineer & above, level 8 Admin only
So when the operator presses the button it will only work if they have the level access to change to that screen.

Last edited:
Are they 6 independent screens or they had to be execute in sequence ?

First of all, do you have a TP1200 (Comfort Panel) or KTP1200 (Basic Panel)?
The title says TP1200, but in other messages i remember you have KTP1200

Big difference is that Comfort Panels allows VBScript, so you can perform operation within the panels.
With basic panels you have to do everything ( comparison or other operations) in the PLC.

Anyway, first thing you have to do is to recognize which user is currently logged.
You can get either username or the group which the user belongs setting up a schedule task triggered by user change (see attached image)
Then with the functions GetUserName and GetGroupNumber you can get the information you need.

Knowing username or group, you can write simple logic to determine which screen you want to activate.

As event for change screen button you could add the function "ActivateScreenByNumber" and and screen number should be the tag from PLC

Immagine 2023-07-26 085757.png Immagine 2023-07-26 094644.png Immagine 2023-07-26 100233.png Immagine 2023-07-26 100244.png

As the last post VB script is another way, as I said I have never used the TP panels but as you are used to GOT attached is a way of either selecting the screen level entry & the way to do it with the function keys as I posted before you need to set up the entry level passwords first.

access level.png

As far as i know there's no such thing in WinCC.

But you can add security level on the button to access the screen

Just managed to log in after many many tries (website down?)

Many thanks for the replies. I will definitely take a look at these replies in detail.

Much appreciated, I'd be lost without this help.

@Guynrush...yes it is a KTP1200 & executed in sequence.

Last edited:
Yep this site has been having problems since yesterday, click on a post & it can take upto 3 minutes to load.

Are they 6 independent screens or they had to be execute in sequence ?

First of all, do you have a TP1200 (Comfort Panel) or KTP1200 (Basic Panel)?
The title says TP1200, but in other messages i remember you have KTP1200

Big difference is that Comfort Panels allows VBScript, so you can perform operation within the panels.
With basic panels you have to do everything ( comparison or other operations) in the PLC.

Anyway, first thing you have to do is to recognize which user is currently logged.
You can get either username or the group which the user belongs setting up a schedule task triggered by user change (see attached image)
Then with the functions GetUserName and GetGroupNumber you can get the information you need.

Knowing username or group, you can write simple logic to determine which screen you want to activate.

As event for change screen button you could add the function "ActivateScreenByNumber" and and screen number should be the tag from PLC

Just resurrecting this thread after several weeks, as I'm now doing things on my "to-do" list...and this is one of them.

I will try this out @Guynrush - many thanks.

Question....Where is the screen number defined for each screen?

It's not this, is it? It can't be....why is there an up/down for it?

screen number or not.png

Last edited:
Ah, thanks...I just assumed the screen number was "hard-coded" and incremented by 1 each time you created a new screen.

Cheers!

incremented by 1 to next available with each new screen, yes. hardcoded, no.

Question....Where is the screen number defined for each screen?

It's not this, is it? It can't be....why is there an up/down for it?

I tried to change this to be screen #1, but pressing the up/down only allows changes to very specific numbers, none of which is "1".

Up Arrow --> Screen 19 and higher
Dn Arrow --> Screen 32767 and lower

If I type "1", it just gets overwritten.

EDIT: ***Cancel all that....Just realised I've already got a screen #1 , so I temporarily re-named that to screen #32767, then it allowed me to change my screen from #2 to #1.

Last edited: