Siemens S7/TIA v18: Configuration control of projects?......

Mas01

General Question:

The PLC and HMI that I've been working on (a laser measurement system) is soon to be transported to the site where it will be used.

It will be Version 1.0.

How do I put the project into config control, so that I can keep track of further changes? e.g. an upgrade to version 1.1 then version 1.2, at some point in the future.

What sort of config control software do you typically use with TIA, or is there one built into the software somewhere?

Thanks

TIA has a 'Version Control Interface' that can work with Github.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmTNIA9MhJk

I dont use it though.
We dont have a lot of people working on the same program. One person is the master programmer. If necessary another person can create a customer program from the master program but that is all.
We have a simple regime of always assigning a version no to programs, and always checking with the online PLC if it matches the offline program. If it does not match then something has gone wrong and it must be investigated before deciding what to do.

Last edited:
TIA has a 'Version Control Interface' that can work with Github.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmTNIA9MhJk

I dont use it though.
We dont have a lot of people working on the same program. One person is the master programmer. If necessary another person can create a customer program from the master program but that is all.
We have a simple regime of always assigning a version no to programs, and always checking with the online PLC if it matches the offline program. If it does not match then something has gone wrong and it must be investigated before deciding what to do.

Thanks for this, @JesperMP. I'll have a look at that video.

I'm hoping I can keep the config control as simple as possible, as it's just me that does the updates, but could be someone else in future.