Mitsubishi D Registers, with a twist?

godcixelsyd

So I'm gradually getting the gist of what my predecessor designed, and I've hit another oddity. In out WonderWare most of the IO is going through an IOserver (still unsure exactly what we're using as I haven't gained access to this computer yet) and the "items" make sense as they are almost all D###. I just found one that is "D###.S#". I'm guessing this takes it to the bit level? Or it could be something in WonderWare itself that I haven't figured out yet. Anyone seen this before?

You are correct. This is the bit of the register. For bit-accessible memory registers and strings — i.e., register types DSH, WSH, RSH — use the following syntax:
<register type><address>.<bit number or string length>
The following syntax diagram shows all of the possible options:
{ register type | X | DX | Y | DY | B | SB | M | SM | L | S | V | F | TS | TC | TN | SS | SC | SN | CS | CC | CN | D | DSH | SD | W | WSH | SW | Z | R | RSH }address { | @ { data type | SHORT | WORD | BCD | LONG | DWORD | LBCD | FLOAT } | . { bit number | string length } }

http://www.logic-control.com/datasheets/1/Device%20Connectivity/OI%20Servers/MELSEC%20OI%20Server%20User%20Guide.pdf

Regards,

Thank you very much! I was trying to sort through Mitsubishi manuals to find that and didn't even think to reference the WonderWare ones.

You are correct. This is the bit of the register. For bit-accessible memory registers and strings — i.e., register types DSH, WSH, RSH — use the following syntax:
<register type><address>.<bit number or string length>
The following syntax diagram shows all of the possible options:
{ register type | X | DX | Y | DY | B | SB | M | SM | L | S | V | F | TS | TC | TN | SS | SC | SN | CS | CC | CN | D | DSH | SD | W | WSH | SW | Z | R | RSH }address { | @ { data type | SHORT | WORD | BCD | LONG | DWORD | LBCD | FLOAT } | . { bit number | string length } }

http://www.logic-control.com/datasheets/1/Device%20Connectivity/OI%20Servers/MELSEC%20OI%20Server%20User%20Guide.pdf

Regards,