Cant get past initial screen on Schneider HMI

aqueousdan

Can anyone help me as i'm pulling my hair out!

I have just ordered a Schneider m238 PLC and Schneider HMISTU855.

I am using Somachine to program these devices.

I have managed to connect to the M238 using USB.

I connect the HMI using ethernet or USB and power up. I get an initial start mode where I put in an IP address in the same range as my computer. When I try and connect using Somachine I cannot connect. I have two computers and two different versions of Somachine available to me and still cannot connect. I cant seem to find any guides anywhere about what to do. I cant get the support like I previously have done with Siemens hardware.

Can anyone shed some light on what I may need to do?

Thanks so much!

Dan Bowles

Yes I did. I set the IP address on the HMI to say 192.168.0.5 and then my computer to 192.168.0.6
I made a basic screen in Somachine and set the IP address settings for the HMI in the General settings and the Network settings (dont know if this is right but it worked) and it uploaded.

I think the support for Schneider in general is pretty bad.

How to connect and initialize.

Well I am surprised, that actually worked. Thank you.

In case anyone is trying to find a solution:
1. Set up a PLC address like 192.168.1.41 and Mask 255.255.0.0
2. Go to your network connection, IPv4 setting and set up the address to 192.168.1.42 and the same Mask
3a. If you only want to connect to the HMI:
Go to Vijeo>Navigator>Right click on IO Manager>New driver>ModbusTCPIP01 and enter the IP address you set up on the PLC.
4a. Download random page to the HMI. This will initialize the HMI.

3b. If you also want to connect to the Controller:
Go to SoMachine Logic Builder>Double-click on the name of the controller in device tree>Click on refresh button. This should display your controller, in my case HMISCUxB5
4b. Double-click on the newly found controller. Connection mode on the bottom part of the page should change.
5b. Click on Online on toolbar>Login.
You should be now connected to the Controller.

tags: HMISCU, SoMachine, Initialise, Initialize, Schneider, Initial screen, Magelis, Ethernet