Cant exe RSLinx Enterprise

Scott Wilson

I downloaded RSLinx Enterprise and it shows installed, but I can not find the .exe for it to run. I'm a student and I am trying to get my RSlogicx with Emulator to connect with my InTouch software. My goal is to build my portfolio up so when I go meet with employers I can show them my projects.

Thanks,

Scott

In general, RSLinx Enterprise is the data provider for FactoryTalk View visualization products. You almost always only connect to it from within a window in FactoryTalk View Studio.

In general to connect from an external data client like InTouch, you need RSLinx Classic. It has drivers for both RSEmulate 500 and Emulate 5000.

It's likely that the free version will not do what you want; it does not allow you to run RSLinx as an OPC Server.

Does your InTouch development environment have any built-in drivers for SLC/MicroLogix or ControlLogix ? Which control platform are you trying to emulate ?

A Wonderware data server won't communicate with an Emulator anyhow.

Are you using the SLC/MicroLogix Emulator (RSEmulate 500) or the ControlLogix emulator (Emulate 5000) ?

A Wonderware data server won't communicate with an Emulator anyhow.

Are you using the SLC/MicroLogix Emulator (RSEmulate 500) or the ControlLogix emulator (Emulate 5000) ?

SLC/Micrologix. Is there anyway to get my Rslinx to work? It shows that emulator is installed but I can not find the .exe. I have looked everywhere including the program files

RsLinx Classic should connect to the emulator, look in Start->Rockwell Software->RSlink and find the RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel.
If it is running as a service, stop it, uncheck the box to 'always run as service' then Start it and you should get the console up. Then you can configure the drivers to talk to the emulator.

To Ken's point, i don't know if you can connect a non-ab app to lite via OPC. I've got lite setup right now to 500 Emulate, but i'm using FTView ME to talk to it from the same machine via OPC.

If you don't have RsLinx Classic installed, go get the lite version.

RsLinx Classic should connect to the emulator, look in Start->Rockwell Software->RSlink and find the RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel.
If it is running as a service, stop it, uncheck the box to 'always run as service' then Start it and you should get the console up. Then you can configure the drivers to talk to the emulator.

To Ken's point, i don't know if you can connect a non-ab app to lite via OPC. I've got lite setup right now to 500 Emulate, but i'm using FTView ME to talk to it from the same machine via OPC.

If you don't have RsLinx Classic installed, go get the lite version.

I need to be able to tie it into intouch or some sort of SCADA type application where I can create visuals. Thanks for all the help guys. Do you happen to know a free application or demo mode type application/n I can tie the emulator and have a SCADA platform like intouch to visualize it

One thing that you *can* do with the RSEmulate 500 software is set it up to use a serial port on your PC like it was Channel 0 on the controller.

Then your HMI can connect (either physically or virtually) to the controller via the serial port.

It's not perfect, but it does work.