Very high temperature humidity instrument?

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a sensor/transmitter that is able measure humidity/dewpoint/water concentration in a stream of 1200F air?

with a mirrormeter you can detect the dewpoint as it has only a cooler and a tempsensor.
the old method with a wet sock around a temperature sensor and a normal sensor is also working at any temperature.

with a mirrormeter you can detect the dewpoint as it has only a cooler and a tempsensor.
the old method with a wet sock around a temperature sensor and a normal sensor is also working at any temperature.

I freely admit I don't have personal experience with this, but at 1200F, that'd have to be a REALLY wet sock, wouldn't it? I'd think almost anything would just burst into flames, with the water instantly flashing to steam.

yes that is the way these sensor works, it is evaporating all the time, however this needs energy, so the sensor will be colder as the dry one.
and yes the water is boiling, but insulation of the container can be done.