Controllogix Enhance Redundancy with DLR topology

ctsoft

Hello to all.
Hope you all can give advice and help.http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/bow.gif
Before i start my debugging the redundancy was working fine, only 'Ring Fault" on Ring 1 and 3.
Please see architecture detail on project tree as pic. attached.
The redundancy was setup according "ControlLogix Enhanced Redundancy System, Revision 19.053_kit2".
- 1756-L61 Rev 19.52
- 1756-RM/B Rev 3.2.36
- 1756-EN2TR Rev 4.4 (all Ethernet Modules)

They are 3 DLR.
Ring 1 topology:
[Slot3 EN2TR port1 --- CAT5/FO conv.] --- [CAT5/FO conv. --- EN2TR IO port1].
[Slot3 EN2TR port2 --- CAT5/FO conv.] --- [CAT5/FO conv. --- EN2TR IO port2].

Ring 2 topology:
[Slot4 EN2TR port1 --- EN2TR IO port1].
[Slot4 EN2TR port2 --- EN2TR IO port2].

Ring 3 topology:
[Slot5 EN2TR port1 --- CAT5/FO conv.] --- [CAT5/FO conv. --- EN2TR IO port1].
[Slot5 EN2TR port2 --- CAT5/FO conv.] --- [CAT5/FO conv. --- EN2TR IO port2].

Found Slot 5 EN2TR module CIP Sync Time Synchronisation is Disable, compare with healthy ring EN2TR modules which

are Enable.See attached pictures.

Question is am i need this Time Synchronisation to be Enable?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/confused.gif

Thank you all.

FAR3PLC6.jpg ENET Time Sync.jpg ENET IO Time Sync.jpg

I am not sure if I understood your question:
Are you asking about faults on Ring 1 and 3 or about time sync?

if time synce is enabled on the processor, then it MUST be enabled on all EN2TRs.
No exception.
It's up to you if you want time sync or not.

As for Ring 1 and 3 - I see that you have Fiber converters.
With DLR you must use ETAP1F as a converter or you will see faults.
You can't use just a fiber converter, it will not work in DLR.
Any 3-rd party converters must be DLR compliant and certified and as of today I did not see too many of them.

Contr_Conn, thanks for your reply.

In the program, time synchronization is not enable within the Date/Time tab of the Controller Properties dialog box. Only EN2TR modules definition dialog box are selected Time Sync and Motion. And happen that only slot 5 EN2TR module is in Disable mode, EN2TR(FAR3_IO) module local clock both are master, which different with other EN2TR modules had, this bring me suspect on time sync cause the problem.

Yes,yes....you are right, the fiber converters are third party products. Wonder when i complete the Ethernet ring loop, all EN2TR IOs shown exclamation mark, goes to fault state.

Where can I get these "DLR compliant and certified" information?

Thank you very much.

Again, you must disable Time and Motion on ALL Etherent modules if controller does not have time sync. This is redundancy requirement.

As for converters - I can only recommend 1783-ETAP1F as a device that was designed for DLR and tested