Rslogix500 download?

Markn902

Hi again :)

I am working with SLC 500 and am trying to download the free version of Rslogix 500. Thing is I have done this once before but it was quite awhile ago.
I looked through the forums but most of the answers are from 2007 or older.
I went to the RA site and tried to download what I thought was the right program but it asked for serial number, company name etc..I don't have that information and didn't have it the last time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I didn't pay for it last time. I don't work on these on a daily basis so I can't quite remember how I did it. I think it was called rslogix starter. I only put it on one laptop for a shop and that one invariably keeps getting lost.

also the SLC 500 is a 1747-L524 if that helps

Thanks geniusintraining

I will try that when I get back to work tonight although I believe I tried the micro starter lite once already and it did not work. I think I got a message that said drivers were not compatible. I have windows 7 and am using a 1747 PIC

You can't use the free version with a SLC. You need at least the starter edition. The Starter Edition doesn't allow online editing, so to make changes you must perform a download. The free version will only work with Micrologix 1000 and 1100.

I think I got a message that said drivers were not compatible. I have windows 7 and am using a 1747 PIC

Yah you have a couple issues... as Paul said the lite is for the 1000 and 1100, another issue is you can not use a PIC and W7, you will need a 1747-UIC

The good news is the Starter Edition is cheap, you will need to buy it from your AB/Rockwell distributor

Sorry I am using a 1747-UIC. And I know I downloaded it last time for free because I have no way of paying for it, the micrologic doesn't work with the SLC 500

šŸ™ƒ