CN2R/B self test failure upon powering up

mazen.nawar

Hello,
I had a serious issue yesterday that caused 5 CN2R/B modules to fail. We recycled power (accidentally) on our Redundant chassis V(19.052) & Remote I/O Racks of our control system.

We have 2 Redundant chassis & 6 Remote I/O Racks all connected by CN2R/B modules.
I turned off power on every single rack one by one and began to turn power up on every rack one by one also, I found that 5 control net modules were stuck on the TEST indication and OK led was solid red, I tried to recycle power once again and still nothing, This issue happened before for two CN2R/B modules and we replaced them and worked fine, but this time 5 controlnet modules went down, including one module that was replaced before.
Also one of the modules that went down , something strange happend, after about 1 hr of TEST indication we tried one last attempt to recycle power on this rack and controlnet passed its test and worked fine , we tried this on the other racks but nothing happened.

We checked all our grounding connections & our power supply feeding the Racks & they are fine, no problems found at all.

kindly tell me what should we do to avoid such issues.

Also, u should know that one 1756-RM/A module went down when recycling power on one of our primary chassis.

luckily we had some CN2 modules spare, I replaced them with CN2 /B temporarily until we replace them with CN2R later.

what happened how to avoid this again ?
we do regular power recycle on our control system once a year.