.apb

captsx1

Good morning,

I've not done much work in rockwell before so not sure of file structure and the various programs that make it up.

I asked my machine vendor for a copy of the HMI application, I was sent an .apb file. How do i open it? I have Studio 5000, but my view designer only wants to open a .vpd file - i'm guessing i'm missing something, but i don't know what? :cry:

Any and all help would be appreciated.

🍺
~S

Hi,

I think it was as of versiĂłn 8.0 of factorytalk view SE there was an application added which could back up and restore projects.
The "Distributed Application manager" saves these files as APB files so if you have a versiĂłn 8 of View SE installed you should be able to restore the application with this tool.

Regards,

Neil C

Similar Topics

I'm very new to the PLC world, and was wondering if I could take an .apb file and turn it into a .mer file. Is this possible? And if so, how would...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am new to FT View SE. I have worked with and created a handful of ME projects. Anyway. I asked an Italian Engineer whom I was working...
Replies
Views
Trying to load a .apb file. All I need is some screens off of it. First time I tried it did something to another project and now I cannot open it...
Replies
Views
Hello to all I've since 3 days a strange phenomena on the Profibus I/O network The "STATUS" led flashes (red/off); when I put off the power of one...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever used a 1794-APB module successfully? I have used an extensive amount of Flex I/O in my past life, and have never been fully...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom