FT View SE File Extension (.apb)

Pjones41174

Hello,

I am new to FT View SE. I have worked with and created a handful of ME projects. Anyway. I asked an Italian Engineer whom I was working with if he would leave me a copy of the HMI application so I could load and run on my laptop. Under properties it says it is a: FT View SE Archive File (.apb). Any help would be appreciated.

I have not used SE but use ME and I believe you need to open your Transfer Utility
To restore this ti a .MER file

Pjones41174,

What type of SE application is this, Stand alone or Distributed?

Stand alone: Open up Application Manager and restore the application.
Distributed: Open up Distributed Application Manager and restore the application.

I hope this helps.

It is Distributed. I am not connected to the source, and i'm not sure where that is. Please see attached.

If you are only wanting to see the application inside of Studio, and make some changes to screens, then you should be able to set your PC as the server to allow it to restore.