FTView SE Development file empty

tlawson726

Hello all,

I have a .SED file from a customer that they want rebuilt into a ME. When I open FTView Studio (v13 CPR 9 SR 13), I go to View Site Edition (Local Station) and import the .SED into a new project. However, all of the associated folders that are created are empty. No global objects, no graphics, no images, etc. It's as if none of the elements from the HMI are included with the Development file which makes no sense to me. Is there something else I need to get from the customer to be able to open their HMI in Studio? Or is there some step I am missing within the myriad of FactoryTalk programs (App manager, Server backup and restore, something else)?

Screenshot 2024-01-18 100634.png Screenshot 2024-01-18 100647.png

SE projects aren't all contained within the .sed. You need the whole directory containing the .sed. Run the SE Application manager to make a backup. You want an .apb file.