Compact Logix Controller Losing its default Gateway

Hi
I have a compact logix PLC which i set a static IP address in. If power is lost to the controller the default gateway is lost. The IP address and subnet mask are retained but the default gateway field is blank. I have tried setting the static IP via both RSlinx and by being directly connected to the PLC.

Thanks

How long is the power absent from the PLC? If it's more than a few minutes and the battery is gone or bad, it may be loading from the memory card at boot. I've never had this problem myself.

I would recommend simply saving your program with the default gateway to the card.

Hey
Im not sure how long power is absent for as it can vary between a few minutes and a few hours depending on conditions. I have re-written to the NVM and will see how that goes.

Thanks