Abnormal behavior Compact logix controller

rejoe.koshy

Hi,
I have a 1769-L32E,series A, compact logix controller which suddenly stopped working (as in all the outputs dropped out). The status of the PLC indicators are as under:
RUN- off
FORCE -off
BAT - off
I/O - off
OK - steady green.

It seems that the controller has lost its project or has being flushed by it. When an attempt is made to download the project, the following errors show up and the download process is aborted:

"Error : Internal Object Identifier (IOI) segment error
Error : Failed to download tags."

Finally I got to download the project but the issue presented itself after 6 hours of running time.

I cant find any information which is in line with above status indications. I am assuming that a major non recoverable fault might have forced the controller to flush out the program but in that case the "OK" indicator should blink red ..
Confused ..pls help!

Hi,
I have a 1769-L32E,series A, compact logix controller which suddenly stopped working (as in all the outputs dropped out). The status of the PLC indicators are as under:
RUN- off
FORCE -off
BAT - off
I/O - off
OK - steady green.

It seems that the controller has lost its project or has being flushed by it. When an attempt is made to download the project, the following errors show up and the download process is aborted:

"Error : Internal Object Identifier (IOI) segment error
Error : Failed to download tags."

Finally I got to download the project but the issue presented itself after 6 hours of running time.

I cant find any information which is in line with above status indications. I am assuming that a major non recoverable fault might have forced the controller to flush out the program but in that case the "OK" indicator should blink red ..
Confused ..pls help!

you may have issues when trying to download instructions in that firmware version that it doesn't support.

you may want to try bringing the firmware version up to as high as you can take it for the program and the processor.

you may have issues when trying to download instructions in that firmware version that it doesn't support.

you may want to try bringing the firmware version up to as high as you can take it for the program and the processor.

It has been running with the same firmware version for 6 years now. I dunno whether firmware issues would crop up suddenly

I'd go with checking the power supply as RAY stated. The SLC family was notorious for dumping its program when the power supply spiked or sagged voltage to the CPU. I have not personally had that issue with the CompactLogix family though.