Driving an external monitor from Red Lion HMI

Randy Turner

Does anyone know how to drive an external monitor from a Red Lion HMI?
It could be either a G3, or a Graphite. I have a customer that wants a large display at a remote area from the HMI. VGA, HDMI, DVI?

Thanks,

Mmm, lets see. Maybe your solution lies within another RedLion product, the ProducTVity Station, which supports output via DVI or HDMI. Maybe you can communicate this to your system via Ethernet with an Ethernet switch. Check if this works for u.

Have a nice day!! :p

If you load the Red Lion IP address from a web browser you should be able to view the display and use it.

Great option too, I was able to replicate this with my RedLion, but I cant seem to operate the HMI in my web browser. I can see it but I cannot click it, is there anything I should enable to do that, or Im doing it wrong?

From the list in the bottom left of the screen press "Web Server" (or press Ctrl+5). From there, enable the web server. Under the "Features" section try enabling "Remote Control".

Thanks for the responses . . .

I've used a web browser to monitor and control screens before.
I also know of the Productivity Station. Neither of those are cost effective
for what I want to do. If I have to buy a PC to use the web browser, or a
Productivity Station, I'm going to have much more in cost than I want.
I emailed Red Lion support yesterday, but I haven't received a response.
I'm a little surprised by that.

Thanks.

I've used a web browser to monitor and control screens before.
I also know of the Productivity Station. Neither of those are cost effective
for what I want to do. If I have to buy a PC to use the web browser, or a
Productivity Station, I'm going to have much more in cost than I want.
I emailed Red Lion support yesterday, but I haven't received a response.
I'm a little surprised by that.

Thanks.

How about using a $35 Raspberry Pi hooked up to your monitor? This seems like a good application for it. The Pi should be more than capable of browsing the web server on the Red Lion. I am unsure if Red Lion HMIs have a VNC server built in but the Pi can be set up as a VNC client very easily.