AB CompactLogix Gateway change

Petr_Broza

Hello,

is there any way how to change Gateway of CompacLogix controller without RsLogix 5000 or RsLinx?

I need to go online with costumer PLC over VPN, but to be able to do so, I need him to change Gateway of PLC, but he doesn't have any Rockwell software and of course don't want to buy it.

Only way I can think of is make backup of PLC program on SD card and send it to him, which is take some time and he will also loose all data.

Thanks for advices

They should be able to do it via RSLinx Classic Lite.
Right-click -> Module Configuration -> Port Configuration Tab

2017-01-16_16-53-34.png 2017-01-16_16-54-29.png

Does the RSLinx method persist across reboot?

Are there any security concerns with being able to do this? Is this authenticated in any way?

robertkjonesjr: Yes, it persist. No authorization needed, everyone who know IP address can change it.

MATT116: I think that Web User-interface is just for diagnostics, there is no way to use it for configuration.

web user interface.jpg

I did some research:

* There are about 20 version of RSLinx Classic (all are free), earlier versions doesn't have a IP change feature. I tested version 2.59, but size is 1GB which can be big issue on slower connections. But it can be reduced. Installation files are in \Redist\RSLinx\ENU and folder "Redist" can be deleted, now we get 45MB installation.
Download Link: http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductFindDownloads.aspx?crumb=112&toggleState=&versions=51543#

* "RSLinx Run As Service" have to be disabled, otherwise it is not possible to open RSLinx windows. Go Start\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\RSLinx Luch Control Panel, uncheck "Always Run As Service"

* To be able to change IP/mask/gateway EDS file have to be uploaded from PLC first