CompactLogix Controller resetting IP Gateway at machine startup

squiggz

Hi,
I recently installed 2 1783-NATR devices into two of our machines. The machines are pretty much identical, both having 1769- L24ER-QFC1B CompactLogix controllers. One works great and the other has an issue. When you cycle power to the machine, the PLC resets it's gateway IP to 0.0.0.0. So, I have to go in and change it every time we do this (which happens enough for it to be an issue) and change the gateway IP in order for the NATR to produce the alternate IP address. This does not happen on the other machine. Is this just a weird hardware problem or is there something I can do about this?
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Been a long time since i've done anything except simple edits and troubleshooting, but this seems familiar.
Does the PLC have a SD card? If so, as weird as it may seem, I believe the answer was to fix your comm settings and then perform the backup to the SD card. I know it makes no sense, but I believe that fixed the issue for me on a project i had to start up years ago. Hope it helps!

Been a long time since i've done anything except simple edits and troubleshooting, but this seems familiar.
Does the PLC have a SD card? If so, as weird as it may seem, I believe the answer was to fix your comm settings and then perform the backup to the SD card. I know it makes no sense, but I believe that fixed the issue for me on a project i had to start up years ago. Hope it helps!
Looking at the controller properties, I think there an SD card in there. I need to wait for tomorrow to investigate it further. Thanks.