Replacement of Compactlogix controller

Arizona

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit new in working with AllenBradley systems. I have a situation where an Compactlogix 5330 L30 controller is installed with its IO modules. This system is communicating with PanelView 300. What I have to do is that to replace this controller with Compactlogix L16ER-BB1B (is it possible?) and HMI with Panelview Plus 7.
Can anyone please guide me the process to do it (I know its silly to ask but need your help)

You are be able to convert your system from L30 to L16. But compact IO modules won't go with it, unless you change them to point IO instead. Again, L16 supports a max of 6 point IO modules.

L30ER to L33ER is fine, your existing IO's are reusable.

If you plan to have any Kinetix Motion, then L33ERM suits better, but price is higher

Just to confirm, for L30 program upload i will require 1756-CP3 cable? And panelview 300 (black one with keypad) i will require 2711-CBL-PM05. Please verify.