CPU 414-2DP COmmunication

soul40k

Hey all, I have been looking through the forums and many other places, and while I have found a lot of information, nothing seems to specifically assist my situation.

I am trying to field diagnose a CPU 414-2DP (does not have a memory card in it) which is alone on a rack with a 407-0KA00-0AA0. I am using an MPI/USB cable S7972-0CB20-0XA0, with Step 7 Micro/Win V4.0.9.25.

In my SET PG/PC Interface, I have tried pretty much every combination to communicate with my adapter plugged into X1, but the only one that gets me anything is PC Adapter(MPI) with PG/PC is the only master on the bus selected, address 0, Timeout 30s, 187.5KBPS Baud, and highest station of 31.

With that set up, I get an UNKNOWN device showing up with an address of 16, but when I try to go any further than that, I get "No connection to the specified address could be established. Possibly an invalid or non-existent address."

Does anyone have any thoughts of my situation?

I appreciate the help, and this forum for all the information here.

Not familiar with this CPU, or Micro Win, but I thought the 400 CPU's need Simatic Manager.. I might be wrong.

Normally when I run into issues like these:
Are you sure the port is set as MPI?
Can you try to set the PG/PC to PC Adapter AUTO?

Not familiar with this CPU, or Micro Win, but I thought the 400 CPU's need Simatic Manager.. I might be wrong.

Normally when I run into issues like these:
Are you sure the port is set as MPI?
Can you try to set the PG/PC to PC Adapter AUTO?

Sadly I am not that familiar with these either, and that was one of my concerns, was that I am using the wrong software.

Thank you for the response, I am now trying to see if I can get their version of software they used, and in the process getting my access to Step 7 Pro and also Manager.

I hope that my issue is that simple in software :)

Just to close this off, the issue was the software. Was able to get into the device and read program off of it with Step7. I appreciate the help.