Compability? CPU 414-2DP with CP 443-1

Stefan Ihlen

I`m trying to put a CP 443-1EX20 into a rack with CPU 414-2DP 6ES7 414-2XG03-0AB0.
When compiling I get an error "This CP cannot be operated with the CPU (414-2DP). Only newer models are permitted".
Is this a compability problem? (The CPU is 11-12 years old).
Is it any way to make this work without changing the CPU?

BR
Stefan

It says in this manual that the CPU firmware must be v4.1 or higher.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/27013386
The highest firmware possible for the 2XG03 CPU is v3.1.

If this is only for access for programming or HMI visualisation, then a NetLink should be good enough, and much cheaper.
If you need to send data to/from the CPU, you must either get a newer CPU or an older CP.

edit: Quote from the manual:
If a replacement is required with CPUs with a firmware version less than V4.0,
6GK7 443
1EX110XE0 or 6GK7 4431EX410XE0 must still be ordered.
That is an indirect way of saying that the 1EX20 is not backwards compatible with 1EX11.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Jesper.
Yes, I need to send data from CPU.
So this is what I was afraid of.

I will look into the different versions/compability.

BR
Stefan

You can try to select an older version f.x. 1EX11.
The 1EX20 should be compatible, but you cannot utilize some of the new functions.
I disagree with that.
The quote from the manual says that the older versions CPs must be ordered.

But OK. If Stefan already has the newer CP, and has opened the box, then do try it.