Output Group 2 on MicroLogix 1400 (BXB)

jbrown523

Hello all, I am new to the world of PLC's and have recently purchased a Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400 (BXB). I figured out that Output Group 0 and 1 where simply relays. I was able to confirm when I enable them (0 and 1) I can hear tone on my multi meter using the continuity setting. However, I am not sure how I should wire up Output Group 2...I understand they have a FET internally and the group enclosed outputs 2-7....I have went over the manuals several times but haven't figured it out yet.

My last guess was to connect 24V DC + to the VDC2 and the negative to COM2 port.....if I do that should I be able to read 24VDC power on output 2 using my multimeter?

Thank you for your help,

Jim

My last guess was to connect 24V DC + to the VDC2 and the negative to COM2 port.....if I do that should I be able to read 24VDC power on output 2 using my multimeter?

Yes, but keep in mind you will see 24VDC on the output whether the output is on or off with no load( with just your meter). Do to leakage thru the solid state device.

Mickey, thank you for your help. Another question if I may....if I had a load (say a lamp or bulb that is 24v) connect to ground and output #2....then I would imagine that the light would come on when the output is active?

Also, if 24v is "leaking" thru would I not be able to use this to actuate say a relay....or is the fact that the relay would create a load that would mean that the "output" would only seem to be active when it actually is?

Thanks,

Also, if 24v is "leaking" thru would I not be able to use this to actuate say a relay....or is the fact that the relay would create a load that would mean that the "output" would only seem to be active when it actually is?

There is not enough leakage to pull in the relay(1.0ma). So yes it would only activate when the output is on.See PDF

You need to connect the common side of your load to the common of the 24VDC power supply, not ground.

Last edited: