Scaling a FactoryTalk View parameter file value

phuz

Rockwell converted a running IFIX system to FTView SE for a customer. (By the way, NEVER have them do this. They sell it as a 90% complete conversion, which is now costing big $$ in cleanup).

The old IFIX system used scaling, in the tag database, for the PID SP/CV/P/I/D values. I created a bunch of parameter files for all the PID variables. For the numeric displays, I can just do an expression and divide by 10, but for the SP entry, I see no way to scale the output. The old system used a single tag with integer offsets (F_XX) and since FTView doesn't support that, I see no way except to create tags for every single PID loop and use those in the parameter files.

It would be better to make HMI tags for this.

If you have a lot (sounds like you do), then make all your changes in a Text editor and Excel.

Create a few HMI device tags (digital, analog, folders) and then export that to CSV
Use Excel to create all the tags that you will need for your PID displays.

Export your displays to XML format
Use a text editor to change the addresses to the HMI tag addresses

What do your tag connections look like in the numeric inputs?
You'll want to create HMI tag folders/tags that closely matches that.

We have no reason to export any of the displays. The HOAs and PIDs use a single template with parameter files.

It's just a matter of creating all the tags in the database now and the additional parameter files. Easy work, but time consuming. I figured this was our only option.