How to prevent people leaving programs open?

Bomisc

Hello,

We have 5 floating licenses for Studio 5000. Despite training people to disconnect from the PLC and close the software, we still have people leaving the programs open and walking away. This uses up our 5 licenses fairly quickly and then it's a manual process of me VNC'ing around to our various programming workstations to close the programs down.

Is there any way to set time limits, or some sort of auto close option that will shut down programs (rslogix5000 etc) after a certain amount of idle time?

Thanks

I can look into that. I was hoping there was something Rockwell had available to handle it, like some auto checkin option for AssetCentre.

You may end up having to write a short script to handle the shutdown. I can't remember, but there should be sources online to guide with that.