1768-EWEB Question

Does this module have the capabilities to broadcast plc status over a closed wireless network? I'm wanting to connect it to a wireless router, then connect a cell phone to the network running an app that will scan for plc status changes.

Welcome to the Forum !

The typical way to do such a status monitor is for the external application to implement a driver to read and write data tags in the controller.

But the 1768-EWEB does have support for raw sockets, so you can transmit ASCII or binary data over TCP or UDP to whatever device you've connected to the network.

It generally requires professional level programming skills on the CompactLogix side; it's more complex than ordinary MSG instructions or ASCII serial port instructions are.

Thanks!

I was hoping to put a .txt file on the eweb server and have 3 outputs from the plc change the text from 0,1,and 2 depending on which output was active at the time. I'm going to get one and toy with it. I'm not very hopeful i can accomplish what i want. but won't know till i try.