1756-ENBT Duplicate IP Detection

VQCjon

Recently I have run into some issues with a 1756-ENBT card being over loaded. (To the extreme I might add)
I went through and bumped up all of the RPI's in I/O trees and produce/consumes attached to this across the network. Cutting Packets Per Second to under spec. ~560 PPS currently.
CPU is currently anywhere between 75-95%.
Upon further investigation I found a Duplicate IP Detection in the web browser. I brought it up to our IT department and no luck resolving the issue. Got the classic, we can't find this MAC address anywhere on the network. I looked up several other cards on the same switch and none of them have this issue.
If I monitor the Message Connections for this card occasionally a connection from IP 0.0.0.0 will be receiving and sending and the state will be "Reserved" for it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

dup_ip.jpg

Hmm, That's a Dell MAC prefix. No guarantees it IS a Dell, but maybe start there if you use Dell desktops/laptops.

I would ignore this message because module was rebooted 9 times since it happened. It may be many years ago.

Always check incarnation values - happened on power up 7, right now it's on 16 (0x10)

But connection with 0.0.0.0 may cause you issues - it may be outdated OPC or RSlinx on the network.
Also make sure that you are running rev 6.006 on ENBT

Last edited:
That makes sense.
Wouldn't I be seeing the 0.0.0.0 show up on other devices on my network if rslinx was the issue? The revision on this module is 6.004.

Wouldn't I be seeing the 0.0.0.0 show up on other devices on my network
I can't answer because I did not use ENBTs for over 2 years
But I recall seen this 0.0.0.0 issue.

In any case you should use 6.006