Trainer trouble... flashing I/O indicator

justwaitin

I am working on a trainer at tech school. simple trainer with an AB Compactlogix 5320 processor that only has an RS232 port. (1769-L20 series A rev. 5). I get the flashing green I/O light. i have tried loading past projects in, tried starting with a new file, no luck. I have checked the bus connectors on the cards, all appear to be ok, terminator is in place. it has 3 I/O cards on the rack. I input the card info into the I/O tree then try to download it, but i still get the flashing light. all the modules have the triangle on them showing fault. i have removed all of them except 1, tried different cards. But I can't get rid of the fault. it shows module fault code 16 #0204. when i go into the compactbus local tab under the I/O configuration tree when you right click on it, it brings up the control box, under the connection tab, you can see the I/O trying to connect, then it stops and faults.
thanks for any help.