TXD Port Ready Flag Not Turning On

valerianlin

Hi there, below is the attached program that I seem to have a problem with. I am using a sample TXD program which sends some hex values through the built in rs232 port but the problem is the A3962.05 (new) initially was true when I first downloaded and ran the program but after that it just stayed false no matter how many times I re-uploaded and edit the program. I have all my port settings at the host link tab at Rs232, 9600, 8 data bits, none and 1 stop bit. This result is with nothing connected to the built in rs232, I just wanted to see if TXD would execute.

Right now I am not connected to the external device which is a smart motor from animatics because the rs232 is a female and so is the built in rs232 from the plc. I have also tried using copper wiring
PLC MOTOR
2 (TX) - 2(RX)
3 (RX)- 3 (TX)
9 (SG) - 5 (SG)
and was not able to get results.
Do I need to jump any cables for example cts to rts?

Capture.jpg

Can you provide the model number of the plc and which physical port is being used?

Have you reviewed the manual for details on this instruction?

You will probably need to short pins 4 and 5 on the plc side.

Hope this will help.

Can you provide the model number of the plc and which physical port is being used?

Have you reviewed the manual for details on this instruction?

You will probably need to short pins 4 and 5 on the plc side.

Hope this will help.

Hi gtsuport, shorting pin 4 and 5 helped. I am now getting communication indicator when I turn on the input. But the txd instruction is not executing now. When I press the input now the ready bit goes false.

EDIT: When i measure the txd and signal ground with a multimeter I am getting a solid 8V, and when I press the input it goes down to around 1v. Does this mean the serial data is being sent across ?

Last edited:
Ready bit going false means the transmit did not finish.

Exactly what data are you trying to send?

Do you have End Code enabled in Port setup, if so what is the end code?

Still need to know the complete plc model number.

Ready bit going false means the transmit did not finish.

Exactly what data are you trying to send?

Do you have End Code enabled in Port setup, if so what is the end code?

Still need to know the complete plc model number.

I have set the host link port settings for end code as 0x000D for CR, as for what I'm sending I am just sending a simple string of hex
41 44 54 3D 3130 300A 000A which translates to ADT = 100. The plc is a CS1G- CPU 43 and using the built in rs232 serial port.

Looks to me like you are trying to send either 11 or 12 bytes.
The instruction is only set to 4 bytes.
Each ASCII character is a byte.
Then you need to add the End Code as this will be appended to the string.

You have 0A (line feed), 00 (null) and another 0A (line feed).
Is this part of your command string?

Looks to me like you are trying to send either 11 or 12 bytes.
The instruction is only set to 4 bytes.
Each ASCII character is a byte.
Then you need to add the End Code as this will be appended to the string.

You have 0A (line feed), 00 (null) and another 0A (line feed).
Is this part of your command string?

I thought that by specifying the CR in the port settings it would automatically add the end code to the string?
I made sure I set my instreuction to send 12 bytes.
Sorry what did you mean by 0A(Line feed), 00 (null) and another 0A(line feed) ? Is this something that needs to be added into the data memory along with the string?

See below from the W340 CS1 programming manual TXD instruction.
The string data will stop at the Null (00) location.
Just the End Code will be appended. That should make your byte count = 9

CS1_TXD_Null.jpg

Oh no the 0A(Line feed), 00 (null) and another 0A(line feed) was part of my string sorry I should have specified I will try that now.

See below from the W340 CS1 programming manual TXD instruction.
The string data will stop at the Null (00) location.
Just the End Code will be appended. That should make your byte count = 9

Hmm this is odd, the ready bit is still false and txd is not executing. I have now set the bytes to send at &10. Attached below is a picture of my data memory.

Capture.PNG