(Code 16#0119) Module not owned

jrsnydley

Hello everyone, I have two machines with ControlLogix in them. These machines communicate back and forth via Produced and Consumed tags. It appears that communication is working one way and not the other. Machine A is producing tags for Machine B which is consuming them. Everything is working fine. Machine B is producing tags for Machine A but Machine A is not consuming them. In the I/O Config for Machine B, the 1756-ENBT module for Machine A is faulted with the (Code 16#0119) Module not owned fault. The physical hardware does not match the configuration but the electronic keying has been disabled. These machines have been working for years. Why would it suddenly do this and how do I fix it?

Machine A
1756-ENBT - v3.06
1756-L62 - v19.15

Machine B
1756-ENBT - v3.03
1756-L61 - v13.36

I was able to clear it out and get things working again by deleting the remote controller and ENBT from the config and adding it back in. Of course I had to re-add the consumed tag as well. I put in all of the correct firmware revisions so there was no identity mismatches on the modules and left electronic keying set to compatible module. I am not sure if that was the best solution but it worked.

Well, you cleaned up the mess someone else left behind and made it work again, in my book that's definitely the best solution! 🍻