Controllogix 5000-fault runine on non-recoverable fault

acm

Hello everyone. In controllogix 5000 is possible to use the fault routine to get the fault code, when a major non-recoverable fault occurs.

Non-recoverabe faults

Thanks but i read the manual and i do not meet reference to the non-recoverable faults. I understand that when a processor is damaged or the program is cleared it will generate a non-recoverable failure, but i do not know if there are other non-recoverable faults that allow me to access the controller to review the failure code

By definition, a Major Non-Recoverable fault stops executing any user code, not even fault routines.

In the circumstance of a MNR Fault, it's nearly always a hardware failure, such as memory, or noise induced corruption (checksum error).

The user's project is cleared from memory, and fault information is loaded into memory.

There is a way to recover the fault information, but memory fails me. Such a rare occurrence, I've never seen a MNR Fault, and impossible to demonstrate in class.