Indirect addressing in a UDT - RS Logix 5000

I am sure everyone is saying not this again. I have looked and could not find an answer to this. I created a UDT with elements DW0, DW4, DW8, DW12, etc. all the way through DW60. All of these are of the type DINT. Then i created a new tag named DB16 of this UDT type, so now I have DB16.DW0, DB16.DW4, etc.

Now I want to use indirect to pull the value out of a different DINT depending on a previous add function. I tried to address it like DB16.DW[M34] and I keep getting an error saying "Invalid member specifier". M34 is also a DINT used as the location of the result in the previous add function.

It is apparent that for some reason you can not indirect address like this, but how would I do it then?

Can't do it like that....don't create individual members in your UDT.....create a Dint array in the UDT called DW of length 60...or 61 if you need an address at DW [60]. Then you can use the syntax you're trying to do.