Matrix Math with CompactLogix PLC

tspisak

Has anyone done matrix math with a A-B PLC?

Not sure if I should be using loops and indirect addresses or go with hard coded program with every separate equation programmed. It would be great to find a clever/elegant sample code and then expand for my application.

I did once long hand using a SLC500 many years ago. Now, with the FBs, AOIs or ST (structed text), it would be a lot easier. Would have to be mindful of math overflows.

I have a robot measuring a bunch of points around a outside diameter of a part. Calculation is to calculate out of round measurement. Coordinate measuring machine type stuff - no control, just data.

Mine was similar but measuring the flatness of a transmission part with multiple LVDTs on a face. Establish a plane using (3) LVDts, then calculate the other LVDts measurements, compare, and report the difference.

Last edited: