Commander SK- Urgent help needed

kalabdel

Hello everyone,

I have an emerson Commander SK, 2.2 KW, 220 single phase drive that I'm having a problem with. So the drive was working fine and while troubleshooting and entirely different issue I changed parameter #05 from Pr to PAd and #11 from 0 to 1 so I can run the motor using the key pad on the drive. After done I set the parameters the way they were. The drive went into ih (inhibited) and couldn't get it to ready state. Knowing that "When the setting of Pr 05 is changed, the appropriate drive configuration parameters are set back to their factory default", I went through every parameter (form 0 to 80) and matched another drive that is wired and works exactly the same but the drive is till in "ih" mode. Then after calling the equipment tech support and not having much luck with them either I put another drive into PAd mode to move products out and that drive also is now in "ih" even though I put the parameters back the way they were. I can get the drive to work by changing parameter #11 but and then jumper certain terminals which means that the terminals configuration has been changed and there parameters that I'm not setting correctly but which are they?

I'm going through the advanced user guide as I write this thought I'd ask for help as well.

The attached picture shows the wiring of the drive. They're basically wire as follows:

B3: output to alarm input.
B5: Forward
B6: Reverse
T4&B7: Speed presets
T2: Is marked on the wiring schematic as RST- which I haven't figured out what it is yet.
Are all the parameters accessible from the keypad?

Thanks a lot

IMG_20170407_142945.jpg

"Drive Inhibited" means that the Drive Enable Input is not energized. A jumper between control terminals B2 and B4 can be used if you have no control circuit connected to these terminals.

I would guess that RST is an abbreviation for Reset.

Thanks a lot.
Bit Bucket 07, that's what I've been doing since it stopped is jumper B4 with a 24VDC signal to enable the drive. One of the advanced parameters is able to "invert digital input" and I think that's what's missing but I haven't been able to get to the advance parameters yet. I can go beyond the basic 96 parameters. Haven't found it yet in the advanced user guide.

Thanks

look at parameters 71-79 you can set these to an advanced parameter and then access them in parameters 61-69

Thanks BTalbot, that was it. All the advanced parameters have to be mapped (10 at a time) to parameters 71-80.

For those interested here's a link to accessing/mapping parameters.

Much appreciated.

Edit: One day I will have to ask an Emerson rep to explain the need to reset certain parameters when it's set to PAd mode.

Last edited:
Thanks BTalbot, that was it. All the advanced parameters have to be mapped (10 at a time) to parameters 71-80.

For those interested here's a link to accessing/mapping parameters.

Much appreciated.

Edit: One day I will have to ask an Emerson rep to explain the need to reset certain parameters when it's set to PAd mode.

We had an Emerson rep come in and give us training.

the Pad mode, or "keypad" changes certain parameters to presets to allow for pad control. These presets get overwritten by the parameters needed for pad mode. When you return to the drive's original control setup, those advanced parameters stay (unless you are using a preset that writes over them) and you have to manually change them back.

Thanks sparkie, I wonder if they have a list of what they call ", the appropriate drive configuration parameters" that are overwritten, that would make it much easier to set things back the way they were. But I learned my lesson and will get the communication cable ASAP to upload the device parameters before making any major or or changes.

Thanks everyone.

Kal

Thanks sparkie, I wonder if they have a list of what they call ", the appropriate drive configuration parameters" that are overwritten, that would make it much easier to set things back the way they were. But I learned my lesson and will get the communication cable ASAP to upload the device parameters before making any major or or changes.

Thanks everyone.

Kal

If I remember correctly, this should be in the manual. Each preconfigured setup should have a list of the advanced parameters it modifies and what it modifies them to. It may be in their service manual, or you may have to call their tech support hotline to get it though.

Kal: The original setup was very customized from default. When running either of the macros (Pr 5 or 11), several I/O mappings get changed. Trying to get back to the original is tough through the keypad, but possible.

With flexibility comes responsibility? All of the changed parameters should have been documented by the original setup guy. If you look at the wiring diagrams in the Quick Start Guide under Pr 5, you'll see the I/O re-mapping that happen when you change it. Then, Pr 11 gives you more options to get closer to your goal. Then you can go to individual I/O's in menu 7 & 8 to fine tune.

Believe me, there can be some wacky ways to make things work the way you want, since there is so much flexibility in the SK.

Using CTsoft does make it much easier to see what's going on (block diagram mode), and documenting changes from default.

Since you know the functions of the I/O, it should just take a few minutes for one of the Tech Support guys to step you through restoring you setup.

Thanks Sparkie, and Gene. I did find the parameters affected by changing preset 5 in the advanced user guide.

Thanks a lot

Kal