Unable to change connection state in Unity Pro Xl

Dellia

Hai,

I am using Unity Pro XL to connect my PLC. Its works..But not work when trying connect the I/O modules..Processors type TSX P57 2634M Premium Schneider and TSX RKY 8 rack type. When try to open configuration of I/O modules message " unable to change connection state" appear..only can be done was close. Help...

Hai,

I am using Unity Pro XL to connect my PLC. Its works..But not work when trying connect the I/O modules..Processors type TSX P57 2634M Premium Schneider and TSX RKY 8 rack type. When try to open configuration of I/O modules message " unable to change connection state" appear..only can be done was close. Help...

The message showing like this...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=44045&stc=1&d=1492067388

unable to change connection state.jpg

Welcome to forum.

Is firmware version of PLC what? (It is showed at online view put before that you need working connection, it is also stickered to side of PLC, but you can see it now without removeing card.)

So I assume, that you have old PLC, which have old firmware (some 2.3 maybe.)

Easiest workaround is to use serial cable PCX1031.

Another way is to use so called XIP-driver. (You can found it from Unity installion DVD)

If you look you PLC's network configuration there is some XIP address configured for PLC. (maybe 0.1 by default)

ON PC side you need configure to XIP driver, give for PC from same address range addrees like 0.63, then give to XIP driver youtr PLC IP(192.168.1.10) and bind XIP driver to correct network on your PC.

Then on Unity give to IP field {0.1} and TCPIP-type -> Connect
With XIP it should be possible to go configurations now on online view.

http://www.schneider-electric.com/en/faqs/FA197938/

I think that on newer Unity P57 firmwares XIP driver wasn't needed anymore FOR TCP, but not 100% sure.

1. XIP driver is located to installation DVD. If that DVD is lost, you can ask XIP driver download link from Schneider's technical support.

2. If you have serial cacle PCX 1031, use it and XIP is not needed.

3. You can do changed to configuration offline, and make full download to PLC. But whole project download stops PLC for shortly and also at least reset all bits on PLC.
(Take PLC data to file before full download and transfer data back to PLC after download)

4th would be upgrading PLC firmware. It take lot of time (at least 30min) and if something goes wrong on upgrading, you have to buy new PLC.