Powerflex 753 - Unable To Change Parameters From HIM

Hi All,
I've got a few Powerflex 753s and I am unable to change parameter #535, #536 which is accel and decel rates from the HIM.
I looked at the permissions in #301 and I am set to expert mode. The drive does have Ethernet/IP capabilities and I am wondering if there is a parameter that is set to accept the commands only from Ethernet/IP and not the HIM? If so, I am unable to find that parameter.
Thanks,

Are you connected to a PLC via Ethernet I/P? Is it overwriting your set values?

When you say "I'm unable to change" what does that mean exactly? Are you able to get to the parameter from the HIM? If you are, can you enter a value? If you enter a value, does it revert back to something else? Is it set to the 10sec default? You need to be a little more specific in what you are seeing.

Are you connected to a PLC via Ethernet I/P? Is it overwriting your set values?

Sorry, you're right 535 and 537. The drive was plugged in with the Ethernet cable, but we removed it and tried to write from the HIM and it wasn't accepting it. See below of what was happening.

When you say "I'm unable to change" what does that mean exactly? Are you able to get to the parameter from the HIM? If you are, can you enter a value? If you enter a value, does it revert back to something else? Is it set to the 10sec default? You need to be a little more specific in what you are seeing.

Sorry I should've been more specific and what you mentioned is exactly what it is doing.
We go to the parameter #535 from the HIM, then notice that it is set to 10sec. We try to change it by going 'Edit' to 9 sec and hit 'Enter'. After that it reverts back to 10sec. During this time the Ethernet cord is unplugged.
One of the other guys tried to use the DriveTools software to configure these parameters and it was still not accepting a new command but was staying at 10sec. I don't personally know what was done from DriveTools though.

Last edited:
These are first thoughts without any real research:

1. Could that parameter be linked to another value from another parameter in the VFD?
2. Could it be that the drive needs to be stopped before allowing changes to those parameters? I don't think that I have run across a restriction like this for accel and decel times, but often for things like max speed or motor FLA.

Is DeviceLogix enabled?

I don't know, how can I check that? If it is then do you think that this might be what is causing this?

These are first thoughts without any real research:

1. Could that parameter be linked to another value from another parameter in the VFD?
2. Could it be that the drive needs to be stopped before allowing changes to those parameters? I don't think that I have run across a restriction like this for accel and decel times, but often for things like max speed or motor FLA.

1 - I don't think it is, but I can't be sure of this answer either.
2 - We tried on a few and some of the drives were stopped. Do you know why your max speed or motor FLA was restricted?

Thanks,

You can check this going on the DeviceLogix parameters (Port 14).
Then check parameter 53 of DeviceLogix.
It tells you if it is enabled or disabled.

You can check this going on the DeviceLogix parameters (Port 14).
Then check parameter 53 of DeviceLogix.
It tells you if it is enabled or disabled.

According to the manual:
Embedded DeviceLogix (Port 14)
Embedded DeviceLogix parameters are only used by PowerFlex 755 drives.

So I guess that option is out. I have a Powerflex 753

+1 OkiePC

in the 753 manual, find the parameters for datalinks. See if one of these has 535 or 537 as the value (which would mean that your accel(535) and decel (537) are datalinked.

Are you able to change other parameters, just not those two? If you don't know, try something innocuous that you are not using, like an Input you are not using. If you can't change anything, someone may have enabled the Password Protection.

+1 OkiePC

in the 753 manual, find the parameters for datalinks. See if one of these has 535 or 537 as the value (which would mean that your accel(535) and decel (537) are datalinked.

Here is the screen capture that I took and I don't understand what it means by DPI Logic Result. It is set as a bit only. Does that mean when the bit is set then it takes the input from the comms and if it not set then it takes the input from the HIM?

Are you able to change other parameters, just not those two? If you don't know, try something innocuous that you are not using, like an Input you are not using. If you can't change anything, someone may have enabled the Password Protection.

I will have to try this out with other ones, but we definitely changed parameter #301 from basic -> advanced -> expert modes on couple of drives.

Powerflex753_Manual_Capture.PNG Powerflex753_Manual_Capture_P879.PNG

Last edited: