Powerflex 753 VFD Tripping on overheat

Charles0522

Hello all! I am fairly new to the world of PLC's and this forum, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I have a Powerflex 753 that keeps tripping on overheat. The fans don't seem to be turning on when it starts up, and I am wondering if there is any way that I can change the setting of the fans to be always on. The fans are not broken, I have taken them out of the VFD and tested them separately. If anyone has a solution or any tips and tricks it would be much appreciated.

Hello all! I am fairly new to the world of PLC's and this forum, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I have a Powerflex 753 that keeps tripping on overheat. The fans don't seem to be turning on when it starts up, and I am wondering if there is any way that I can change the setting of the fans to be always on. The fans are not broken, I have taken them out of the VFD and tested them separately. If anyone has a solution or any tips and tricks it would be much appreciated.

Welcome to PLC Talk!
Might be a relay on the drive not working. Does the drive parameters show you an internal temperature value?

Thank you for the response! The VFD is on a satellite that I won't be able to get to till tomorrow so I might not be able to get all your answers fully. I wasn't able to find and internal temp value but that might be from looking in the wrong places. The fan would not turn on when it went into startup so we jumped it from another board but the VFD still tripped on overheat. I can check the relay's tomorrow. Could it be a bad control board?

Anyway, thank you all! After fooling with it for awhile my warehouse guy told me that he didn't order the replacement fans from ABB but some other off-brand that was cheaper. To make a long story short, the fans weren't turning because the polarity was swapped internally. After swapping the wires the fans work fine and it has yet to overheat after 12+ hours. Thanks for the help.