Forcing a VFD Fault, or motor overloaded status on Powerflex 753

blackbird307

Is it possible to force these statuses to be active without actually changing the wiring in order to simulate such a scenario? I need to test to see if it does anything to corresponding assigned output when the status is active. As far as I can see, I can't find anything in the manual stating how to do this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I assume this is for a once off commissioning?

For overload, I'd j just adjust the motor nameplate current down to less than the normal running current. Then don't forget to put it back after!

For VFD fault, you may be able to set up an input as an "External Fault". Not sure if this is possible with the PowerFlex drives but a quick look in the manual should tell you if you can do this.

If you are networking the Drives with a PLC you can set up the Drive to fault on loss of network connectivity. Then if you unplug the cable it will go into a fault. That is what I do.