AB Powerflex 753

Hotrob1

I am bench testing a PF753 (20f11nd096aa0nnnnn). I replaced the IGBT's and IC's in the firing circuit. Upon power up, I get the STS light flashing yellow showing inhibit. In parameter 933, bit 4 is a 1, stating the 'database is performing a download operation'.

Can someone tell me what that means and a solution?

Thank you!

I am bench testing a PF753 (20f11nd096aa0nnnnn). I replaced the IGBT's and IC's in the firing circuit. Upon power up, I get the STS light flashing yellow showing inhibit. In parameter 933, bit 4 is a 1, stating the 'database is performing a download operation'.

Can someone tell me what that means and a solution?

Thank you!

bit 4 in the status says it's receiving a stop signal, not database downloading. bit 5 is the database status bit.

verify your IO and setup and see if you're missing power to the stop input which would keep it from being ready.

Parameter 933 is 0000010000. The 1 should be on bit 5. (database.....) I'm wrong. Was looking right at it. The bit is a 4. (stop)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Bits numbers are zero-based i.e. the least significant bit, i.e. x in 0000_0000_0000_000x, is bit 0.

x in 0000_0000_000x_0000 is bit 4.

[whoops. second!]

Duh.....you're right. Haha. I was looking right at it and still put 5. So, looks like 'stop'. Thank you.

I never repaired PF753 before, but i had successfully repaired one Kinetix350 before. from my experience, if IGBT was shorted, some resistors connecting between drive ICs (driving IGBT) and IGBT and resistors around drive ICs could be damaged (open or changed value).

Last edited:
Duh.....you're right. Haha. I was looking right at it and still put 5. So, looks like 'stop'. Thank you.

No problem we've all done it at some point. Most of the time I'm not using the HIM to determine problems anyway, i'll hook up to the drive 99% of the time with drive executive or CCW and just look through everything quicker.