Powerflex 753 AOI with Modified DataLinks

ChadPLC

Hi,

I'm working on a project (AB PLC, L85 v34) where we'll have 20 motors installed, all controlled by powerflex 750 series drives. We need specific data for trending, so the datalinks are modified. This is causing the Data type to change from the standard "AB:powerFlex753_ENETR_Drive:I:0" to "AB:powerFlex753_R_xxxxxx:I:0" where the x's are different for each drive.

I created an AOI for drive mapping & control, but the change in data type is causing issues with the AOI definition as I can't use the standard powerflex definition now.

I know I could copy the drive data to an internal UDT first and then use that in the AOI, but I would be creating 40 new tags with that UDT data type in that case and I'm looking to avoid that.

Just curious if anyone on here can suggest a better solution. Thanks.

Rockwell knowledgebase ID: QA63944 for further explanation on changing datalinks and data type.

I know with the PowerFlex 755 you can use message instructions to get whatever data you want. I built an AOI with a scattered read message inside the AOI that gets the data I want, and I don't have to set up any datalinks on the drive. The 753 might be similar.