PV + clock ,Multiple PV's, one Controller

Sparkyman1

I have a system with three PV's with identical programs and i would like to keep it that way.
two of them are PV+ 700's and one is a PV+ 1000

I would like to synchronize the time between all three PV's and the PLC because the PLC clock looses about 2 minutes per week, sometimes more. I believe the CPU is a Compact logix L32E , BTW why is the PLC so bad at keeping time?

How can i keep three identical FT view studio runtimes and use only one of them update the clock on the PLC, and have the other two updating their clock from the PLC time?

is there a way that i can write an expression like

if (Panelview IP Adderess == 12.4.2.7) {
Use this global Connections Tag
}

is there a tag I can use for the last digits on the PV's IP Adderess?

Read the Help file on Remote Date And Time Under Global Connections. Also, The Remote Time Tags. Should allow to Sync all from PLC

Read the Help file on Remote Date And Time Under Global Connections. Also, The Remote Time Tags. Should allow to Sync all from PLC

Yeah i went through all of that. i had it set up that way but the issue is that the PLC looses time so quickly. its pretty bad it can get 3 hours off in 6 months.

the panelviews do not have this problem at all. but i don't know if i can have 3 PV's all trying to write to the same tag to update the PLC clock

Have you looked at using the Clock Update Tool in RSLogix 5000. It will update multiple devices but I don't know if it will run on a PV.

Have you looked at using the Clock Update Tool in RSLogix 5000. It will update multiple devices but I don't know if it will run on a PV.

no, I think last time i tried to do anything with that i ended up reinstalling all of my rockwell software, I've been afraid of it ever since