Function Code 4 with Momentum PLC

cjh

How do you do Function Code 4 (3x registers) with the MSTR instructions in the Momentum PLC? Or is there another instruction that will do this?

Wow, I don't see any way to do this? I'm looking in Concept right now and I see no option for 3x registers. Seems crazy to me, there's got to be some way to do this...

The 984LL command MSTR can only be used with 4x registers. Peer Cop can be used to share I/O information over Modbus Plus and E-net. Concept has additional commands which are not as restrictive as MSTR.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Last edited:
I'm trying to read 30000 registers from a third party device.

Is Peer Cop a function block that can be used or another mapping method?

Peer Cop is a mapping method that can only be used with other Schneider Electric devices.

What network are you using, Modbus Plus? What programming software/language are you using?

I would not use MSTR nor MBP_MSTR. Look at the function blocks CREAD_REG and READ_REG.
But it still doesn't look like Schneider can access anything over Modbus TCP/IP except 4x registers.

Yea, I looked at those as well and I don't see any provision in those function blocks either.

That absolutely blows my mind... The makers of MODBUS only let you access 1 data type over ethernet...

Thanks for your help Jim.

As a follow up question:
When using the CWRITE and CREAD function blocks in the Momentum PLC, there is one parameter called "Address Field". It specifies an array of 5 elements. The first element is asking for a MBP on MET mapping table and a slot ID for the NOE module. What would you put in the word, if you are talking to a 3rd party device?

Never mind, figured it out.

As a FYI for those who care:
There is definitely no way to read ANY data type directly other than a 4x holding register from a third party device on MODBUS TCP when using a Momentum or Quantum PLC as the master. This means no 3x input registers, no 1x input bits and no 0x coils. Of course, if your device has logic/mapping capabilities you can map over these other data types into 4x holding registers.
I verified this with Schneider Electric.