no output of plc

jyoung

I am new to the nais plc's. I am programming the fp-0 c16t. I have a simple code to just set 1 output high. the indicator light built into the plc comes on but I can't seem to measure any sort of output at the pins? anybody know the pinouts of this plc, or is there a register that I have to set before the pins will actually change?

Helps to read the WHOLE post...

jyoung said:
...but I can't seem to measure any sort of output at the pins?

Now I see your dilemma. You're expecting the PLC to produce a voltage. It doesn't work that way. You have to supply your own source of voltage (not including the voltage used to power the PLC itself).

Oh, just read the manual, you'll understand... ;)

thanks for the reply. I will keep reading the manual. this is what i have going on.
http://www.verimaging.com/plc.html
power supply on left, plc in middle, terminal block on right. i connected the + of the relay to the + on the power supply, then I probe the terminal block connectors with the - relay contact with the program running a simple 2 sec on /off cycle. if you look on the plc there is a row of leds that indicate the state of the i/o relays. they work just as expected. what confuses me is the plc has 16 i/o and there are 20 wires that come out of the ribbon cables?

cool I got it!! thanks for the manual. I neede to supply a pos. and neg. voltage to two of the pins on the output pins as well as the main power to the plc. It works great. Many thanks again.

As it looks on your pic you have no positive voltage tied to your ouput terminal block, with 16 outs you should be supplying the terminal block with two positive voltages, this will give you an output on eight from one and the other eight from the other. if your led is on on the plc your relay should be made and then you should see a response on your meter.

Well I guess while typing this reply you figured it out.

Never hurts to read!!!