program help

Darnell

I need some help with this program sequence. I can't make the bridge move again after the cell stop limit switch make the bridge stop on a cell.
The cell stop limit switch will still be actuated. How do I make it move to the next cell, and make it some the bridge again?

The sequence will be started by the 24 hour time clock, or the liquid level relay, or the manual backwash button.

When the time clock switch closes; or the water touches the probe or the manual backwash pushbutton is pushed; an input is applied to the plc, starting the backwash sequence. The backwash cycle light comes on and the bridge travels forward to the first cell.

When the bridge reaches the first cell; a limit switch hits the cell stud and the bridge stops and the hood goes down to seal off the cell. An 8 second timer in the plc allows the hood to get fully down and sealed. After the 8 seconds has expired, the backwash pump is turned on. When water reaches the prime sense electrode in the effluent pipes, the backwash time delay is powered. When the time set on the backwash time delay relay has expired, the backwash pump is turned off.

A 5 second timer in the plc allows settling time before anything happens. After 5seconds, the hood is raised. When the hood reaches full up, an input is sent to the plc starting a 1 second timer in the plc. After 1 second, the bridge moves forward to the next cell. The same sequence is accomplished at each cell in turn.

When the bridge reaches the last cell, the effluent end limit switch is tripped instead of the cell stud limit switch. The last cell is backwashed in the same sequence as the others except that when it is time for the bridge to move again, it travels in the reverse direction to the influent end. When the bridge reaches the influent end limit switch, the controls are reset until another backwash is called for.

Please zip and post your program as far as you have it. You also should mention which make and model plc you are using. Someone should be able to help you then.
Without seeing the whole program or a layout diagram, my best guess would be to use the output of the 1 second 2nd timer that is in paragraph 5 to override the individual cell stop limit switch input instruction for each cell except the end cell.
Others may have a different approach.

Last edited:
I need some help with this program sequence. I can't make the bridge move again after the cell stop limit switch make the bridge stop on a cell.
The cell stop limit switch will still be actuated. How do I make it move to the next cell, and make it some the bridge again?

I assume you are talking about hitting this limit in your sequence ?

...When the bridge reaches the first cell; a limit switch hits the cell stud and the bridge stops.

Moving forward to this part here

After 1 second, the bridge moves forward to the next cell. The same sequence is accomplished at each cell in turn.

You will have to use the done bit from this 1 sec timer to move the bridge again. Use it in parallel with the bridge move logic so that either the three conditions you have mentioned (24Hr timer, Level or Backwash PB) OR when this timer is done, will actuate the bridge movement.

Of course you will have to make sure the 1 sec timer runs only when the prior move conditions have been met and Limit switch has been hit.

I will be using a SLC 500 AB.

I took a lot of rungs out of the program so I'm starting fresh.

Can you guys help me build the program from what I have.

In rung 000 the limit switch will make the bridge stop. And the hood has to be up before the bridge move.

Rung 001 , when the limit switch hit the cell stop, it will lower the hood, and start the backwash pump timer.

The two questions I have is how do I turn off output 0:2/1 , after the backwash pump is off for 5 sec? Doing this will allow the hood to go up. ( Because the cell stop is still closed)

And how do I move the bridge again? After a one sec timer.

Program help

The 24hr clock, manual backwash, and the electrode , is wired to one input to the PLC.

That's why I how only one input for those.

Is this a homework assignment?

My standard suggestion is, again, stop coding and figure out your process first. You are asking about YOUR process, no, really. You are. Once you figure out the process, then, translate it to code.